October is one of our favorite months of the year. Not only is it the beginning of fall and Halloween, but it is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month and American Pharmacists Month!
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Breast Cancer Awareness Month is an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease. Join in the cause to help women in need today. Here are a few ways you can help from the National Breast Cancer Foundation:
- Download the free Dense Breasts Q&A Guide. Did you know that nearly half of all women over 40 have dense breasts?
- Share the story of how you or a loved one have been affected by breast cancer
- Make a one-time or monthly donation to help provide a mammogram for a woman in need
- Host a fundraiser benefitting NBCF
- Volunteer to join in Helping Women Now
- Proudly wear a pink ribbon during October or year-round
- Share about Breast Cancer Awareness Month on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn
Their mission is to help those affected by breast cancer through early detection, education and support services. Learn more at NationalBreastCancer.org.
American Pharmacists Month
American Pharmacists Month is a time to recognize pharmacists’ contributions to health care and all they can do for the community. Short conversations with a local pharmacist can make a big difference. From advising on allergies to diabetes to heart disease and more, pharmacists simplify care with easy access to answers that bring relief.
I love being a pharmacist and interacting with all of you! Thank you for choosing 501 Pharmacy! When you stop in to see us this month, take a picture with one of our staff members and tag #APhMSelfieDay. Your amazing APhM selfie could appear in November’s Pharmacy Today magazine—and even win a contest!
You can learn more about American Pharmacist Month at pharmacistsmonth.com.