February is American Heart Month. Let’s take a look at some of the ways we can keep your heart healthy during the month of love!
Did You Know?
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, but there’s a lot you can do to prevent it. Taking time to care for your heart can be challenging as you go about daily life. But it’s easier than you think to show your heart the love it deserves each day. Small acts of self-care, like taking walks, getting quality sleep, and cooking healthy meals, help your heart. Research shows that self-care can help you keep your blood pressure in a healthy range and reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke. Take a look at some of the self-care tips for heart health below!
- Get a daily dose of physical activity. Take a 30-minute walk outside with your family!
- Cook meals that are low in sodium and unhealthy fats.
- Take your medications as prescribed and stay up to date on your medical appointments. (We deliver medications to make life easier for you!)
- Get some rest. Try and get seven to eight hours of sleep a night.
- Manage your stress. Try yoga, taking a bath, or reading a book!
- Try and reach or stay at a healthy weight by moving more and having snacks like fruits and veggies around your home.
We hope these tips are helpful for you during heart month and every month out of the year! For more healthy heart tips head to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute for additional resources. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at 984-999-0501.